top of page



There are two types of physical damage auto insurance coverage.  The first is collision coverage and the second is comprehensive coverage.  While neither coverage is mandated by the South Carolina Department of Insurance, unless you own your vehicle outright, the finance company (whether you lease or are purchasing the vehicle) may require you to maintain both types of physical damage auto insurance coverage in order to remain in compliance with the terms of you lease agreement/loan agreement. 


Quite simply, comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your auto, unrelated to a collision.   Examples include, but are not limited to theft, vandalism, fire, flood, and more.   


It is important to note, depending on the extent to which your vehicle is damaged, it may be deemed a “total loss” by the insurance company at which point you will be paid the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle instead of having the vehicle repaired.  In this instance you will still be required to pay the deductible as stipulated on the Declarations Page of your auto insurance policy. 

Please take a moment to learn more about the vast array of auto insurance coverages offered by Ingram Insurance and Real Estate in Cheraw, South Carolina.  Our team of insurance industry professionals has the experience and expertise to exceed your expectations.  To schedule your appointment today, call (843) 537-9386 and one of our friendly agents will be happy to assist you. 

bottom of page