There are two types of physical damage auto insurance coverage.  The first is collision coverage and the second is comprehensive coverage.  While neither coverage is mandated by the South Carolina Department of Insurance, unless you own your vehicle outright, the finance company (whether you lease or are purchasing the vehicle) may require you to maintain both types of physical damage auto insurance coverage in order to remain in compliance with the terms of you lease agreement/loan agreement. 


Quite simply, collision coverage pays for damages to your auto, which are the direct result of your auto colliding with another object, whether that object is a concrete highway barrier, roadside landscape feature, or another vehicle.   


It is important to note that depending on the extent to which your vehicle is damaged, it may be deemed a “total loss” by the insurance company at which point you will be paid the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle instead of having the vehicle repaired.  In this instance, you will still be required to pay the deductible as stipulated on the Declarations Page of your auto insurance policy.

Please take a moment to learn more about the vast array of auto insurance coverages offered by Ingram Insurance and Real Estate in Cheraw, South Carolina.  Our team of insurance industry professionals has the experience and expertise to exceed your expectations.  To schedule your appointment today, call (843) 537-9386 and one of our friendly agents will be happy to assist you. 

20 Chesterfield Hwy. 

Cheraw, SC 29520  
(843) 537-9386 T 

(843) 537-1239 F 

© 2019 Ingram Insurance and Real Estate is a subsidiary of 

Burns & Wilcox
Flood Insurance

Johnson & Johnson


SC Wind & Hall



(800) 547-8676
(843) 449-2491
(336) 834-8778
(888) 453-0598
(800) 527-3907
(800) 487-7565 x5024

(800) 274-4499
(803) 779-8373
(800) 334-5579
(800) 252-4633

DIRECT Claim Lines (AVAILABLE 24/7)