“South Carolina requires you to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident.”  In addition, “South Carolina law requires you to carry uninsured motorist coverage equal to the minimum amounts of liability coverage (25/50/25).” 1 

If only it were that simple.  In the preceding paragraph, the South Carolina Department of Insurance articulates the mandatory minimums for insurance coverage in order to legally operate a vehicle in the State of South Carolina.  The two coverage types referenced are liability coverage and uninsured motorist coverage.  However, maintaining the mandatory minimums for auto insurance has the potential to leave you exposed to significant financial repercussions in the event of an auto insurance claim. 


Ingram Insurance and Real Estate can provide you with a myriad of options to ensure that you and your automobile are restored in the event of an insurance claim.  Our team of experts will discuss with you the different types of insurance options available, determine an appropriate level of coverage, and then work with our network of major insurance companies to find the right auto insurance policy for you.

Would you like to learn more about the various types of auto insurance coverage available in the marketplace?  Please click on the hyperlink below to learn more about each specific type of coverage. 

20 Chesterfield Hwy. 

Cheraw, SC 29520  
(843) 537-9386 T 

(843) 537-1239 F 

© 2019 Ingram Insurance and Real Estate is a subsidiary of 

Burns & Wilcox
Flood Insurance

Johnson & Johnson


SC Wind & Hall



(800) 547-8676
(843) 449-2491
(336) 834-8778
(888) 453-0598
(800) 527-3907
(800) 487-7565 x5024

(800) 274-4499
(803) 779-8373
(800) 334-5579
(800) 252-4633

DIRECT Claim Lines (AVAILABLE 24/7)